This is your chance to work for a rare globally and nationally accredited sanctuary for farmed animals. Our mission is to provide heaven on earth for farm animals with nowhere else to turn. We inform, inspire, and empower the community, especially children, on ways in which we can better care for ourselves and the environment while helping animals in need. We advocate for a kind and compassionate lifestyle that protects animals, the earth, and our own health. The Administrative Assistant will be a key part of bringing our mission to life every day. We are growing rapidly and about to expand, so for the right person, this position will be a launching pad to a career with endless possibilities.
This is a varied, fast-paced position requiring time management skills and the ability to prioritize work. The ideal Administrative Assistant will have excellent organizational and communication skills as well as a gift for developing authentic, warm interpersonal relationships. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Business Manager.
S/he will work jointly with the Business Manager to keep an accurate up to date filing system and manage projects to support the Development, Outreach, and Animal Caregiving teams. This work will support the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. The Administrative Assistant will interact with donors, sanctuary guests, and members of the community. This is a new position and, therefore, job duties may grow, change, and evolve over time.
- Provide administrative support to team members.
- Create and implement systems to keep the team efficient and organized.
- Create, maintain, and update staff directories, organizational charts, policy manuals, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), reports, spreadsheets, and other corporate documents and files.
- Attend/participate in staff meetings and other meetings as needed; prepare agendas and take notes.
- Take on special projects as needed.
- Act as first point of contact for public inquiries via telephone, email, and social media messages. Order, store, organize, and maintain supply inventory for office and events.
- Receive, sort, distribute, ship mail and packages.
- Event preparation, including researching venues, ordering food, coordinating vendor payment, set-up and clean-up.
- Assist in employee recruitment and onboarding efforts as requested.
- Assist with the annual audit as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This requires that s/he represent Indraloka well by being ethical, responsible, kind, interpersonally effective, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. S/he must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent problem-solving abilities, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for the mission required.
- Kindness and compassion for all life is required.
- The ability to advocate effectively for a plant-based, cruelty-free lifestyle is required.
- 4+ years of experience working in an administrative support capacity, preferably within non-profit organizations.
- Comfort and ease transitioning a team to, and working in, a paperless technology-driven environment.
- Exceptional at creating organizational systems and order.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced environment managing multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and sometimes independently.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, execute sound judgment and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners to manage the scope, strategy, requirements and implementation of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace is necessary.
- Excels at operating in a fast paced, yet very informal community environment.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Compensation and Details
This position begins immediately and is based in our Mehoopany, PA office. In 1-2 years, the sanctuary and its office will move to Dalton, PA. The Administrative Assistant is a full time hourly position. We offer a competitive benefits package including a 401K plan, paid time off, and flexible scheduling.